About the Norco Search XR S2
The Search XR Steel is not just a head-turner – its strong, lightweight steel frame has that unique feel that steel riders appreciate in a decidedly modern, progressive bike designed for adventure.
The vibration-damping properties steel provides are un-matched, and, when combined with thoughtful frame design, make the Search XR a pleasure to ride wherever your imagination, and your legs, take you. With clearance for up to 700 x 45c tires (or 650B x 2.1”), and a full complement of rack, fender and bottle mounts, the Search XR Steel is ready for anything, whether braving the urban jungle or exploring off the beaten track.
- Steel Frame, Carbon Fork: Heat-treated and back-tempered Reynolds 725 steel features thinner tubes to reduce weight and retain strength. Curved and ovalized seat stay tubing enhances the material’s comfort, while the carbon fork reduces road vibrations up front for a lively, comfortable ride.
- Adventure Geometry: Designed to excel on rougher surfaces, Search XR geometry is a little slacker and longer than conventional road bikes, creating a stable ride.
- Stiffness Where It Counts: Front and rear 12mm thru axles plus an oversized head tube junction, downtube, BB shell and chainstays deliver lateral stiffness for maximum power transfer and added control through rough terrain.
- Big Tire Clearance and Size-Specific Wheels: Ample clearance for 650b x 2.1” or 700c x 28c-45c tires (up to 42c with full fenders). The smallest two sizes feature smaller wheels providing smaller riders with uncompromised fit and handling.
- Accessory Mounts: Multiple bottle cage mounts on the frame & fork, and rack & fender mounts expand the Search XR Steel’s versatility.
With roots firmly planted in the world-class testing ground that is British Columbia, Canada, Norco bikes has grown into a global company delivering superior cycling experiences to everyone, everywhere. With nearly 50 years as a leader in the industry, their company’s success is built on an unwavering promise to listen, innovate and ride. Today, their commitment to rider-driven innovation and to supporting those evolving the sport of cycling is stronger than ever. For Norco, these two pursuits go hand in hand. They believe that your Norco bike should fit, feel and perform as a natural extension of your body. Best-selling ranges include the Norco Charger, Optic and Threshold ranges.
Norco Search XR S2 2020 Gravel Bike
|Frame||Reynolds 725 Chromoly Steel|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano GRX FD-RX400|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano GRX RD-RX400|
|Number of Gears||20|
|Chain set||Shimano GRX FC-RX600 46/30T|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano BB-RS500 PressFit BB86|
|Cassette||Shimano CS-HG50-10 11-36T|
|Brakeset||Shimano GRX BR-RX400 Hydraulic Disc|
|Handlebars||Norco Super Flare Aluminum, 16deg Flare|
|Stem||Norco SL Aluminum - Custom Painted|
|Headset||FSA 44mm Cartridge Bearing|
|Bar Tape||Norco Griptacular Shockproof|
|Rims||WTB ST Light i23 TCS 2.0, Black, Tubeless Ready|
|Front Hub||Shimano HB-RS470 12 x 100mm TA|
|Rear Hub||Shimano FH-RS470 12 x 142mm TA|
|Tyres||WTB Resolute TCS 700 x 42c, Tubeless Compatible System, Tanwall|
|Saddle||Norco SL Race, Cromo Rails|
|Seatpost||Norco SL Aluminum|
|Weight||No Weight Information Available|